The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

12

The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

UCMETC ShipboardtrainingOffice
Administrator
TO ALL CADETS The A full 180 Daily Journal is required for all cadet who disembarked after December 2015, and will be check by the MHEI (School) and also required in your application for the CHED required Certificate of Validation, Assessment and Approval of your 12 or 36 months Sea-Going Service.
C/M Robert M. Maluya, Ph.D.
Shipboard Training Officer
University of Cebu - METC
Tel. No. Direct +63 32 2620557
            Trunk  +63 32 2628888 local 101

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

Almojuela
Hi good day. I have some questions about daily journal, i graduated on october 2006 and finish my cadet program in 2010, im going to do my Bs next year 2019, do i need this required daily journal 180 days?thanks in advance.

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

UCMETC ShipboardtrainingOffice
Administrator
This post was updated on .
login to www.shipboardtraining.com read the FAQ for qour question

C/M Robert M. Maluya, Ph.D.
STO
University of Cebu-METC
A─║umnus Mambaling, Cebu City
Tel#-+63 32 2620557- Direct line
                       2628888 local 101

Tel. No. Direct +63 32 2620557
            Trunk  +63 32 2628888 local 101

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

STO OFFICE
Hi Cadet,

The Daily Journal are  required, in all cadet applying for BS after December 2015, regardless of the year your recognized. The answer to your question is YES you care required to submit a full 180 days Daily Watchkeeping Journal.

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

STO OFFICE
Check also the FAQ on this forum to have more answers

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

Jhun bryle
Good day sir pweyd ba nko e continue ako pag fill up sa ako journal karon.9 months ko engine cadet last contract nko  international karon wiper ko pweyd nko e continue sir ang journal karon wiper ako rank.

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

John
Sir, a pleasant day to you. I have an inquiry regarding the journal's logging of information and whatnot, here are the questions;

1) I have a cs of approximately 4 mos in interisland, however, I failed to write down the required information of the Journal, does it nullify the veracity of my cadetship for bs? Is it still included? I already enrolled it.

2) I am now currently embarked on an international vessel, I wrote down the necessary requirements of the journal in a  total period of 6 mos, both bridge watchkeeping and other duties, is this correct? Or should it be written exclusively, e.g., Bridge watchkeeping exclusive for 6 mos and "other duties" another 6 mos, thereby totalling a period of 12 mos?

3) All of my journal entries are written in my current ship (which was stated in the preceding question), and my dilemma is about the journal. I am planning to incorporate both of my cs in my interisland and international (I just knew that having a 1 year of contract on an international vessel is nigh-impossible as per MLC) as deck cadet for enrollment for bs to complete my 12 mos cadetship. The dilemma is that my journal entries and sea projects only covered my current ship and not the preceding ship. However, the requirements were met and were signed by the officer concerned for a period of 6 mos (as stated in the preceding question and dilemma, I incorporated the necessary entries in both bridge watchkeeping and "other duties" for 6 mos only). Ergo, does this cs of mine eligible for bs or no?

Thanks for your time sir, and Fairwinds!
STO

Hi Cadet, thanks for using this forum, and sorry for very delayed response, Watch keeping Journal can be done on any vessel as long as it is prior to your BS application and has NOT less than 180 dyas of watch keeping duties.
STO

YES as long as it is prior to the BS Application

Sir, might I add, I lost some of my ISF onboard monthly summary sheet. Is it okay that I will just photocopy the lost sheets?
STO

All Cadets For BS aftee decenber 2015 ang required to submit  a full 180 days wathkeeping Journal befirebthey can be allowed for assessment and issuancenof Certifixate of VALIDATION ASSESSMENT and APPROVAL of 12 or 36 mos. SeaGiong Servixe

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

UCMETC ShipboardtrainingOffice
Administrator
Yes you may photocopy
Tel. No. Direct +63 32 2620557
            Trunk  +63 32 2628888 local 101

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

UCMETC ShipboardtrainingOffice
Administrator
Good day Cadet

The MARIAN requirements of Daily Watchkeeping Journal, is for your to document the STCW requirements of 6 months watchkeeping duties and MARINA entrusted the MHEI's (School) to check it in their behalf.

Answer to questions.

I don't know which batch are belong but if you been issued a Journal by the school then there's  no way you will mix the daily bridge watchkeeping information because its on a separate Section on the Journal, so I will presumed that you don't have the UC-METC Designed Journal because it is also 360 days Journal not 180.

Please read and understand the the following phrases below and your are still free to ask questions on the forum okay?

Ways to determine which edition of MARINA required Journal is to be used:

If your date of embarkation on board is before 2016 January, you have to use the 2014 edition of the MARINA Journal but if your date of embarkation is after January 2016 then you will have to use the 2016 MARINA designed Journal.

Bridge Watchkeeping Journal, shall contain information's on those activities your have observed and do during your watch on the bridge (that is the reason it is called Daily Bridge Watckeeping Journal) so other duties on board is not included. (YOU CANNOT WRITE ANY OTHER DUTIES).

It required that 180 days of watchkeeping should be completed in 12 months the requirements is for the Cadet to have a 180 days Bridge Watchkeeping Duties.  You Can complete the remaining days on your next vessel assignment.

You cannot apply for BS without the appropriate and Daily Bridge Watchkeeping Journal, submitted as it is a MARINA requirement which the school is task to check in behalf of MARINA.
Journal
NOTE: THE 2014 & 2016 edition of MARINA design Journal can be downloaded @ www.shipboardtraining.com

If have still more questions try to access the FAQ on Daily Journal on the same website.

STO
STO

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

STO
Yes. all Cadets applying for BS are required to submit a full 180 days DAILY JOURNAL of BRIDGE or Engine watxhkeeping Journal. as Per MARINA circulae no. 2017-01
STO

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

STO
correction MC no. 2016-01

STO

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

STO
Hi Cadet Almuejela

YES you are required to submit full 180 days daily Journal for more info. Click this link  http://www.shipboardtraining.com/daily-journal-faq.php and read the Frequently Ask Question FAQ Download the OLD or NEW Format Journals on this link. http://www.shipboardtraining.com/updatedeck-and-engine-daily-journal.php don't forget to register as this download are monitor by the STO

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

Brylle
Sir pwede ranang ang journal kay sa usa ra nako ka vessel? Bali kaduha ko nisakay sir. 6 mos sa unang barko nya sa 7 mos sa ikaduha. Ang 7 mos ra ang nasuwatan nakog journalang 6 mos wala. Pero 13 mos ko nga kadet sir.
STO

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

STO
YES Basta naabot ug 180 days

Re: The Required Daily Journal (180 days)

Mark lester
Hi sir good day..kng mag himo.kog daily journal sa lain barko need paba ang sea service anah nga barko ug crew list??
12