Journal Frequently ask Questions

UCMETC ShipboardtrainingOffice
Administrator

NOTE: A DAILY JOURNAL IS REQUIRED TO ALL CADET, IF YOUR LAST DIS-EMBARKATION DATE IS AFTER December 2015 REGARDLESS IF ARE USING 12 MONTHS OR 36 MONTHS SEA-GOING SERVICES

1. Is it still a requirements for Board Examinations?

ANS. No it is not a requirements for Board Examination

2. Is it a requirements for BS application?

ANS. YES it is a requirements under the UCMETC QSS, since 2013 before the MARINA requirements,

3. I was already on Board when MARINA CIRCULAR for Daily Journal was approved. How will I comply the Daily    Journal?

ANS. You will still required make a Journal for your remaining days of training on Board. If the number of days will not reach 180 days. You shall secure a certification from your company equivalent for the lacking days that you have already start the Bride Watch keeping duties.

4. I am still on board until now, but  I was recognized way before the Daily Journal requirements. Do I still need to make a journal.

ANS. YES, as the requirements of Daily Journal is not based on the date of recognition but base on your date of your disembarkation. STUDENTS/CADETS DISEMBARKED AFTER DECEMBER 2015 NEED A FULL 180 DAYS JOURNAL, AS ONE OF THE DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS SET BY THE ADMINISTRATION (MARINA), AND WILL BE EVALUATED BY THE SCHOOL.

5. Im on board a unmanned engine room, and our watch-keeping duties are very limited. what should I do?

ANS. the requirements of STCW is 6 months watchkeeping duties, if you cannot complete that then you have to continue that on your next vessel assignment, be sure you have 6 months watch-keeping duties documented on your daily journal..

YOUR BRIDGE OR ENGINE ROOM WATCHKEEPING JOURNAL, IS THE DOCUMENTATION OF THE STCW AND CHED REQUIREMENTS OF YOUR 6 MONTHS WATCHKEEPING DUTIES AS PER CMO 20 s2014 Article III, Section 5 B 1 and 2 BSMT and BSMARE respectively.
C/M Robert M. Maluya, Ph.D.
Shipboard Training Officer
University of Cebu - METC
Tel. No. Direct +63 32 2620557